I honestly wish I could give negative stars. This movie makes no sense and I don't understand how there are so many 10 star reviews.
I will never get my two hours back. I painfully sat through this entire moving thinking at some point it had to get better. It does not for several reasons.
1. The entire movie Layla's family bullies and pushes her to forgive her terrible cousin who has stolen her fiancé. This is after the first 10 minutes of the movie where she attends said cousins wedding with Seth, the guy responsible for her breakup. For absolutely no reason whatsoever he announces their "fake" engagement. Naturally, the ex-fiancé grills them about being a couple as if it's his business what she does with her life. Her cousin, meanwhile, seems pleased as if she's now off the hook for stealing her fiancé. Her overbearing aunt is thrilled and doesn't ever seem concerned with acknowledging her daughter did something horrible because "they're family". This continues throughout the movie with everyone insisting Layla get over her pain, embarrassment, etc. telling her they want forgiveness. Why don't they try asking for or earning it?
2. Fast forward over an hour of random filler nonsense of decorating a house, Layla's annoying ex-boss decorating the house next door, and some random encounters along the way. Get a backbone Layla, she's your ex-boss WHO CARES what she thinks of you or you "fake" engagement anymore?
3. Seth cares WAY too much about this fake engagement. No guy cares this much about a fake relationship to give a woman his grandmother's ring!
4. The entire movie they go to or are asked to attend dinners where they clearly look like they're lying. I get it's a movie but after 1 or 2 times is it really that hard to lie without making a face?
5. Finally, although I could add more to the list, at the end of the movie after Layla secures a new, dream job (thanks to Seth...how convenient) they decide it's time to break up. Seth is clearly in love, saying several times how she's made his house a home, and Layla also has feelings. So, there's literally NOTHING keeping them from just being a real couple. Literally NOTHING! No brat kids, crazy ex's, no one that matters knows this is all fake and threatens to expose them. Instead, they attend their engagement party so they can embarrass themselves by staging a fake fight?? WHY??? Then Seth finally confesses his love, Layla also decides she's in love (although really not believable in my opinion) and 2 minutes later they're getting married (in December to make this ridiculous title make sense) and movie ends.
I guess it's a feel good movie if you only watch the last 5 minutes.
A December Bride
Comedy / Romance
A December Bride
Comedy / Romance
Aspiring interior designer Layla O'Reilly is dreading the Christmastime wedding of her cousin who is marrying Layla's ex-fiancé. Although Seth Murphy is the one responsible for introducing the bride and groom, she begrudgingly accepts his offer to be her date as she's out of options. Seth gets carried away at the reception and announces they're engaged, forcing a mortified Layla to keep up the pretense. But as the faux couple spends more time together they find themselves feeling something very real.
Uploaded By: FREEMAN