The Green Knight

2021

Adventure / Drama / Fantasy

1
Rotten Tomatoes Critics - Certified Fresh 87%
Rotten Tomatoes Audience - Spilled 49%
IMDb Rating 7.4 10 12716

Please enable your VPN when downloading torrents

Get VeePN VPN

Synopsis


Uploaded By: FREEMAN
August 19, 2021 at 05:25 AM

Director

Cast

Dev Patel as Gawain
Alicia Vikander as Essel / The Lady
Kate Dickie as Queen
720p.WEB
1.16 GB
1280*694
English 2.0
R
23.976 fps
2 hr 9 min
P/S counting...

Movie Reviews

Reviewed by Geckomaniac3 9 / 10

A Strange Experience

I won't say anything about the plot, as I went into the movie completely blind and would recommend anyone to do so.

The feeling I got, and still have, tells me that what I saw will stay with me for a long time.

If you have seen and enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth, Shape of Water, or Big Fish you will thoroughly enjoy this movie. I would even go as far as to say that I think it is better than all of these movies, though only time will tell, and it is, of course, my personal experience.

Mentally prepare yourself that this movie is a fairytale with adult elements. One that is beautifully shot, with a dream like story and absolutely terrific performances.

I believe if you know this going in, and you accept it, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed by tarynabryant 5 / 10

If you need to fall asleep, watch this.

I'll start by saying that visually, this movie is stunning and it has some moments of great acting. That's about the extent of the positives. As an avid fan of A24, I was very excited for The Green Knight and tried to go into it with as open a mind as possible. I wasn't expecting a horror or action movie. I went in simply expecting to be told a story. I anticipated that it would be on the slower side, but wow. I feel so guilty for saying this seeing as so many people loved the film, but it was way too boring for me to enjoy. I have loved the slow-burn approach that A24 has taken with other movies like The Witch and The Lighthouse, but The Green Knight just didn't have enough substance to keep me engaged in what was going on. Every time something significant seemed to happen, it would be followed by an agonizingly long shot of a forest with loud, eerie music playing over it. Furthermore, this movie is DARK. Like literally dark. I couldn't see who was on the screen or what was happening for at least 30% of the movie. As for the other 70% that I could actually see, I had literally no idea what was going on. What's the meaning of those giant gray naked people? Why did everyone want to kiss Dev Patel? Beats me. Maybe that's my fault because i'm not very familiar with the story of Gawain and the Green Knight, but I consider myself a generally thoughtful person who makes an effort to understand complex films. I spent the entire drive home mentally analyzing this movie and still had no idea what any of it meant until I read some online articles explaining the story. I really wanted to love this movie and I wish I could understand why it is receiving such praise, but both my friend and I left the theater feeling very underwhelmed and sleepy. I've also noticed that a lot of these rave reviews are coming from people who are likely pretentious arthouse film lovers who somehow think they are better than everyone else, since they all seem to think that anyone who didn't enjoy this movie is ultimately "unintelligent". As one review states, "all negative reviews are from people who should have stayed home with a bud light and watched South Park". Well I hate both South Park and beer and still found this film boring, as did the four or so people who walked out of my theater.

Reviewed by coryjk-85766 3 / 10

Pretentious and dead

This is by far one of the most pretentious movies I have seen. Easily could have been a half hour short, but was put on .25% speed to stretch it out to two hours. It even feels like watching a video at that pace. Anyone praising this movie is lying to themselves. Those giving it an 8 or 9 are only praising the cinematography. From some of the other reviewers are saying those that don't love this movie are incompetent is beyond pretentious. Some might love the cinematography but it is by far not that impressive compared to other movies that seem to inspire this one. This movie basically has five shot compositions and really poor contrast at parts. In the theater there were parts so foggy and dark you could not see anything in the scene. If you remove the score about 80% of this movie would just be someone staring off in the distance or walking. Bad pacing, no real substance and such a predictable style that is geared at awards. Just because the score makes a scene sound intense doesn't actually add any intensity in this. To sum up, it is pretentious and slow beyond belief to the point the trailer was better than the movie.

Read more IMDb reviews

0 Comments

Be the first to leave a comment